- turmeric powder
- pepper powder
- Mustard Oil for deep frying
|Jhuri Alu Bhaja|
- peel the potatoes.
- Grate them using one grater.
- Put them in a sieve and wash thoroughly under running cold water.
- Wait for sometime till the water drains put of the sieve.
- Now add 1 tsp turmeric powder and mix well.
- Heat mustard oil and fry the grated potatoes in batches.Do not add too much at one go otherwise they will stick together.Do not add salt this time.Salt will make water to come out and the outcome will not be so crispy.Fry till it becomes crisp.If it starts to get brownish then lower the flame and fry so that it will not burn.
- Before serving sprinkle some salt and pepper powder.
I am linking this with Only - Crazy for Potatoes hosted by Sowmya and organized by Pari