- Maida - 250 gm
- Green Peas - 250 gm ( I have used frozen one but one can use fresh one as well)
- Ginger paste - 2 tsp
- Hing - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 2 tsp
- sugar and salt to taste
- Refined oil
- Make a dough with maida, 1 tsp salt, 2tbsp refined oil and water.Spread 1 drop of oil on the dough and cover it.Keep it aside till you are done with the filling.
- Make a coarse paste of green peas with the help of mixer grinder.
- Now heat 1 tbsp of oil in a nonstick kadai.
- Add hing and the green peas paste.
- Add ginger,salt and sugar.
- Keep stirring it till the peas become dry.You need to make it really very dry.If there is any water left in the filling,then at the time of rolling the filling will come out.
- When its almost done, add cumin powder.It will soak the remaining water and make it absolutely dry.
- Now make small balls from the dough.Flatten it little bit with the help of your hand.Fill the green peas filling within it and close the ball.You should take same amount of filling as the ball size.
- Now roll the balls and deep fry them in hot oil.
|just before adding cumin powder|
|after adding cumin powder|
|Frying in hot oil|