Saturday, December 1, 2012

Koraishutir Kachuri/Green Peas Kachori

My favorite recipe in winter is koraishutir kachuri. Though now I get frozen peas almost all over the year but I still remember my childhood days when karaishutir kachuri was a staple food on almost all days in winter.Me and my friends just loved to relish the hot kachuris with dum alu made by my mother.Oh heaven! My best friend Somdatta often calls me up and still we talk about that heavenly tasted karaishutir kachuri made by mom.I tried to follow her recipe here.

Ingredients:

  1. Maida - 250 gm
  2. Green Peas - 250 gm ( I have used frozen one but one can use fresh one as well)
  3. Ginger paste - 2 tsp
  4. Hing - 1/2 tsp
  5. Cumin powder - 2 tsp
  6. sugar and salt to taste
  7. Refined oil

Method:

  1. Make a dough with maida, 1 tsp salt, 2tbsp refined oil and water.Spread 1 drop of oil on the dough and cover it.Keep it aside till you are done with the filling.
  2. Make a coarse paste of green peas with the help of mixer grinder.
  3. Now heat 1 tbsp of oil in a nonstick kadai.
  4. Add hing and the green peas paste.
  5. Add ginger,salt and sugar.
  6. Keep stirring it till the peas become dry.You need to make it really very dry.If there is any water left in the filling,then at the time of rolling the filling will come out.
  7. When its almost done, add cumin powder.It will soak the remaining water and make it absolutely dry.
  8. Now make small balls from the dough.Flatten it little bit with the help of your hand.Fill the green peas filling within it and close the ball.You should take same amount of filling as the ball size.
  9. Now roll the balls and deep fry them in hot oil.
It best goes with dum alu.I prepare a dry dum alu which goes very well with this.I'll post that recipe in my next post.
just before adding cumin powder

after adding cumin powder

Frying in hot oil

koraishutir kachuri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks everyone for dropping t my space and sharing your lovely comments.Your comments are my inspiration and the way to improve.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...