- Prawn - 500 gms
- Coconut grated - 1 and 1/2 cup
- Onion - 2 sliced
- Tomato - 1 cut into small pieces
- Garlic - 2 tbsp chopped
- Ginger - 1 tsp chopped
- Green Chillies - 5-6 slit
- Curry leaves - 15
- Tamarind pulp - 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- turmeric powder - 2 tsp
- Chilly powder - 2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1tsp
- Refined Oil or Coconut oil
- Add salt and turmeric powder to the prawns.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in kadai. Fry the prawns for 2-3 mins on both the sides.Fry them in batches.Keep them aside.
8. When the oil separates, add turmeric powder,chilly powder,cumin and coriander powder and garam masala powder.Fry for 2 mins.
9. Add 3 cups of water and salt.
10.While its getting boiled, make a paste of grated coconut, 1 green chilly and tamarind pulp.
11.When the gravy starts boiling, add the fried prawns.Cover and cook for 5-6 mins in slow flame till the prawns are cooked prperly.
|Malabar Prawn Curry|