Probably chicken manchurian is the most wanted chinese item among the indians.
Indians have their own version of chicken manchurian which is most suitable for indian tastebud.
Here I am sharing this awesome recipe.
- Boneless chicken cut in small pieces - 500 gms
- Onion cut in cubes - 2 medium
- Capcicum cut in cubes - 1 large
- slit green chilly - 4-5 (if you want less spicy then you can remove the seeds)
- Corn flour 2tbsp(for making the batter) 2tsp(for the gravy)
- Maida - 2tbsp
- Soya sauce - 2 tbsp
- Vinegar - 2tbsp for marination
- Spring onion - 1/2 cup chopped
- Garlic - 2tbsp chopped
- Ginger - 1 tsp chopped
- Egg - 1
- pepper powder 1 tsp,chilly powder 1 tsp
- Refined oil - 2tbsp for gravy and adequate amount for deep fry
- Salt to taste
- Clean the boneless chicken and marinate with vinegar and salt.
- Mix the corn flour, maida and egg.Add salt and little water to make a thick consistency.Add pepper powder and chilly powder to this mixture.
- Put the chicken pieces in that mixture and then deep fry in oil till the coating become golden.The chicken should be cooked.
- Take a bottom heavy oak and heat 2tbsp of oil.
- Fry the Chopped garlic,chopped ginger and onion in high flame till onion becomes transparent.
- Add capcicum and slit green chilly and fry for 2 mins in high flame.
- Add soya sauce and 1 cup of water.
- Mix 2 tsp cornflower with little water and add it to the gravy while boiling.
- When the gravy thickens, add the fried chicken pieces and wait till the gravy boils.
- Finally add the chopped spring onion and serve hot.