|Chicken Hariyali Murgh|
This particular recipe is very healthy and tasty.It has high nutritious value and goes very well with chapathi or parantha or jeera rice.Its a preparation of a soft murg in rich creamy gravy.
Chicken - 500 gms
Palak - 2 bunches
Coriander leave - 1 cup chopped
Pudina leave - 1 cup chopped
Green Chilly - 4-5
Onion - 2 (made to paste)
Garlic - 6-7 pods
Ginger - 1/2 inch
Elaichi - 3
Dalchini - 1inch
Cloves - 3-4
Garam masala powder - 1tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Chilly powder - 1tsp
Fresh cream - 1/2 cup
Butter 3 tbsp
salt to taste
- Wash and clean the chicken.Marinate it with turmeric powder and salt till the time you prepare the palak.
- Take a pan.Add some water and boil.Add salt and palak.Boil the palak for 2mins.Immediately after boiling,stain the palak and pass cool running water over it. This way the color of palak will be dark green.
- Make a smooth paste of palak,green chillies,garlic,ginger,coriander and pudina using a mixer grinder.
- Add 2 table spoon of butter in a kadai and heat it. Do not overheat butter.Just heat it till it melts.
- Add whole garam masala(elaichi,dalchini and clove).
- Add the onion and fry it till it becomes brown in color.You may add little salt this time to get the color soon.
- Add turmeric and chilli powder once the onion is cooked(it will ooze out oil once it is cooked) and lower the heat.Fry for 2 mins.
- Now add the chicken and fry for some more time in high flame.
- Add the palak mix and salt.Lower the heat.keep a tight lid on the top.Put it in dum for 25-30 mins.Do not add water as we want the gravy to be thick.Also the chicken will remove some water and the dish will be cooked in that water only.
- After 25 mins, open the lid and add garam masala powder and fresh cream.Cover and cook for another 5 mins.
- Finally add 1tbsp of butter on top of the gravy and Hariali murg is ready to be served..happy eating :)