- pumpkin - 500 gm cut into small pieces
- potato - 250 gm cut into small pieces
- black chana - 1 cup(soaked in water overnight)
- grated coconut - 1 cup
- paanch foron ( this is a mixture of 5 spices named fenugreek seed, nigella seed,cumin seed,black mustard seed and fennel seed ) - 1tsp
- dry red chilies - 2-3
- mustard oil - 4 tbsp
- ghee - 1 tbsp
- salt and sugar to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet.Add paanch foron and dry red chilies.
- Fry the potatoes in the oil for 3-4 mins.
- Then add pumpkin and black chana and fry for 2-3 mins more.
- Add salt and cover and cook in slow flame for 20 mins till the potatoes and pumpkin cooked properly.Do not add any water.It will be cooked by its own water which will remove after adding salt.Stir in between so that the vegetables should not stick at the bottom.
- Add grated coconut and sugar(i love it to be little sweetish, so i add 2 tbsp of sugar).
- Add ghee before switchin off the flame.cover the lid and give standing time for 10-15 mins.