- Black urad dal - 250 gm
- Rajma - 2 1/2 tbsp
- Tomato - 5 pureed
- cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cardamom - 3-4
- Cinnamon stick - 1"
- cloves - 5-6
- ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp each
- chilly powder - 2 tsp
- turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- coriander powder - 1tbsp
- kasuri methi
- butter -3 tbsp
- fresh cream - 1/4 cup
- salt to taste
- Soak the urad dal and rajma overnight. Boil the dal in pressure cooker with little salt. The dal should be boiled nicely and it should be mushy.Keep the boiled water from dal aside.Do not drain it.It will be needed later.
- heat 1 tsp of butter.Add cumin seeds.When it splutters add cardamom,cinnamon and cloves.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 1/2 min.
- Add the tomato puree and slower the heat.
- When it starts boiling add chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Then add 2 tbsp butter.Cover and cook for sometimes till the butter melts in the gravy.
- Then add the excess water from boiled dal. If the water is very less then add some more plain water.
- Now add boiled dal and kasuri methi and then cover and cook in slow flame for 30 mins.Stir often so that it does not stick at the bottom.
- Now add cream and cook for another 5 mins in very slow flame.
- Garnish with 1 tsp butter and little bit cream.