- Alu/Potato - 500 gms
- Tomato medium - 2 chopped
- Ajwain - 1 tsp
- Elaichi - 5
- Dalchini - 2''
- Lavang - 5
- Chilly powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1tsp
- Ginger paste - 2 tsp
- salt and sugar to taste
- Oil - 3 tbsp (preferably mustard oil)
- Cut the potatoes into halves and then boil it.
- Heat oil in kadai. Add Cinnamon, Cardamom, Clove and ajwain.
- Add tomato and fry for sometime till the oil oozes out.Now add chilly powder(you can use kashmiri red chilly powder for color and its less spicy),turmeric powder and ginger.Fry for 1-2 min.
- Now add water .Its based on how much gravy you want.Cover and cook in simmer for 10-15 mins.Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Now remove cover and in high flame let it boil till you get desired consistency.
- Serve it hot with luchi.
oh and i just forget to add that this is my first post with watermark on the images. Thanks to asmita for her suggestion.Otherwise i was feeling super lazy to do that.Thanks asu for giving me that push i needed. :))
Also thanks to http://picmarkr.com/ for providing watermark on my images. :)
|Niramish Alu dum with luchi|
|Niramish Alu dum|