This is another recipe where we use brinjal in fish recipe.Ilish or hilsha is the most adored fish among bengalis.Monsoon is incomplete without Ilish.Apart from Ilish bhaaja,Ilish vapa,Ilish paturi or sorshe Ilish, I like begun ilish also.Here goes the simple and tasty recipe.
- Hilsha - 4 pieces
- Brinjal -1
- Kalanjee - 1 small tsp
- Green Chilly slit-6-8
- Mustard oil
- Turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- Clean the fish and then add salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat 3-4 tbsp oil in a kadai and fry the fish.Don't over fry the fish.The fish also will remove some oil.
- In the same oil add kalanjee and brinjal.Fry for some time till the brinjal is soft and cooked.
- Add slit green chilly,turmeric powder.Fry for 1 more min.
- Now add some water (1 1/2 cup) and salt and let it boil.
- Add the fish in boiling water and wait for 2 mins.
- Now add two tablespoon mustard oil and switch off the flame.serve it hot with steamed rice.